Version 8.0 Beta Downloads
This area is for current CodeMine users who are
participating in the CodeMine Version 8.0 beta test program.
If you are an
experienced CodeMine user, and would like to participate in this beta, please
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
be sure to include your current Owner Area username in the email.
Beta V8.0 Download Area
Summary of New Features in CodeMine 8.0
- New ServerAdapter class to make it
easy to transparently support other backend servers besides MS Sql Server.
- Added CursorAdapter Support for VFP 8.0 and later.
- The Connection Object has many
enhancements, and is now a supported and documented class, as opposed to
internal-use-only as in version 7.1.
- Improved connection sharing for SQLPT & CA cursors, and a new Global
Connection Pool Manager. Connections may be private, shared within a
datasession, or shared globally.
- Improved control over record locking and isolation level in
transactions, especially for remote data servers.
- New Global Error Manager object for centralized handling of error events. Methods for error logging have
also been moved here, from the Message Manager.
- New global Application Manager subclass "cmApplicationCustom" of Custom\cApp.vcx. Changes you
make to this subclass will be inherited by all new applications you
create. For existing appliations, you can use the VFP Class Browser to
redfine your appApplication class to be based on cmApplicationCustom, if
- New support for "Contained"
child CDE containers. CDE (CodeMine Data Environment) containers can
now be contained in host CDEs, in addition to the runtime addition of
dynamic linked child CDEs.
- New Data Abstract class properties, events, and methods:
- Confirm() method displays a Y/N confirmation dialog, respecting the
local nErrorMode setting.
- DisplayWarning() method displays a warning dialog, respecting the
local nErrorMode setting.
- cDisplayCaption property determines the caption for dialogs
displayed by the object.
- New Cursor properties, events, and methods:
- GetRecordData() and SetRecordData()
methods make it easier to move data in and out of server-style data
- LockTrans() method, for locking records within a transaction.
- New oConn property for easy access to a remote cursor's connection
- New CDE properties, events, and methods:
- BeginTrans(), CommitTrans(), and RollbackTrans() methods provide a
simple "front-end" to the corresponding ConnectionManager
- lGlobalShare Property determines the scope for shared connections.
- oHost Runtime Property
- New Form properties, events, and methods:
- AfterStateChange() event
- BeforeLoad() event
- Confirm() and DisplayWarning() methods, added for consistency with
- New Control properties, events, and methods:
- lSelectOnMouseEntry property
for controling SelectOnEntry and DblClick() event behavior for text
controls in grids.
- New Page Frame properties, events, and methods:
- New BeforePageLoad() Page
Frame event is triggered before a dynamic page is about to be loaded
- The AfterPageLoad() event now
takes a second parameter, indicating the class name of the dynamic
- New Message Manager properties, events, and methods:
- cIconError, cIconQuestion, cIconText, cIconWarning, cIconInfo
Properties let you specify custom icons to use for the various
- lBatchInProgress Runtime Property can be tested to see if
message-batching is currently active.
- CodeMine Version 8.0 is backward compatible with version 7.1.
Copyright © 1997-2004
Soft Classics, Ltd. all rights reserved.